Last Updated on October 2, 2023
If you’re on the hunt for the ultimate typing and gaming companion without breaking the bank, your quest ends here. Dive into the realm of mechanical keyboards as we unveil the best budget 60% mechanical keyboards under $50, where innovation meets savings, and every keystroke feels like a victory. Join us on this exciting journey to redefine your typing experience without emptying your wallet.
Best Budget 60% Mechanical Keyboards Under $50 At A Glance:
Keyboard Name Price Key Features Pros Cons RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK61 $49.99 Triple mode connectivity, 60% layout, hot-swappable PCB, long battery life. Versatile device compatibility, compact layout, customizable RGB. Single-color backlighting, price may still exceed some budgets. Royal Kludge RK61 Wired $49.99 Compact 61-key layout, Brown Switches, customizable RGB, ergonomic design. Affordable price, versatile RGB options, compatibility with OS. Limited to 61 keys, Brown Switches may not suit all preferences. HK GAMING GK61 $49.90 Full RGB backlighting, Gateron Optical Red switches, spill-resistant, programmable. Affordable price, impressive RGB customization, versatile. Limited switch options, may lack premium features, compact layout adjustment needed for some. Redragon 60% $42.99 Customizable RGB lighting, fully programmable, compact 60% layout. Affordable, RGB lighting options, tactile Red switches. Lacks premium features, limited switch options, small layout. Drevo Calibur V2 $29.99 Wireless Bluetooth, long battery life, RGB backlighting, ergonomic design. Wireless multi-device support, impressive RGB customization. 60% layout not suitable for all, durability may not match pricier models. DIERYA DK63N $45.90 Wireless Bluetooth, long battery life, RGB backlighting, ergonomic design. Multi-device support, RGB lighting, suitable for various tasks. 60% layout not for everyone, build quality may not be top-tier. DIERYA DK61E $45.99 Gateron Optical Switches, customizable RGB, compact 60% layout. Compact design, fast switches, customizable RGB, ergonomic. 60% layout not ideal for all, may require adjustment. GAMDIAS Hermes E3 $39.99 RGB backlighting, compact 60% design, Blue switches, anti-ghosting. Affordable with RGB, compact layout, tactile Blue switches. Limited key layout, customization may be less extensive. Cooler Master SK620 $32.54 Low profile Click Blue switches, compact 60% layout, elegant design. Low profile switches, compact design, elegant brushed aluminum. Limited key layout, RGB customization may be basic. Motospeed 60% $35.98 Outemu mechanical switches, vibrant RGB backlighting, compact design. Affordable, durable switches, customizable RGB. Not compatible with MacOS, 60% layout may not suit everyone.
The RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK61 is a budget-friendly 60% mechanical keyboard priced at just $49.99. It offers a range of features that make it a compelling choice for users looking for an affordable yet versatile mechanical keyboard. One of its key highlights is its triple mode connectivity, which includes stable Bluetooth 5.0, a hassle-free 2.4GHz dongle, and a USB-C wired mode. This flexibility allows you to connect the keyboard to a wide range of devices, including smartphones, laptops, and tablets, making it a versatile choice for on-the-go users.
The compact design of the RK61 with 61 keys provides a neat desktop setup, and it’s worth noting that 60% keyboards without a numpad are preferred by many FPS gamers because they provide more space for precise mouse movements. Another standout feature is the hot-swappable PCB, which allows you to replace switches without the need for soldering, giving you the freedom to customize your keyboard to your liking. Additionally, the keyboard boasts a high-capacity battery that offers up to 13 hours of continuous use with the lightest backlighting or up to 360 hours of standby time. While it only features single-color backlighting, it offers 17 dynamic backlit modes to keep things visually interesting. The RK61 also supports DIY software, providing further customization options for users.
- Triple mode connectivity for versatile device compatibility.
- Compact 60% layout ideal for gaming and productivity.
- Hot-swappable PCB for switch customization without soldering.
- Long-lasting battery life for extended use.
- Multiple dynamic backlighting modes for visual appeal.
- DIY software support for customization.
- Limited to single-color backlighting, lacking RGB options.
- The price may still be above some users’ budget constraints for a mechanical keyboard under $50.
Looking for an affordable yet high-quality 60% mechanical keyboard under $50? Look no further than the RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK61 Wired 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. Priced at just $49.99, this ultra-compact keyboard offers a host of features that make it a compelling choice for gamers and typists alike.
The RK61 features a minimalist 61-key layout, making it a perfect fit for those who prefer a tidy desktop setup. Without the numpad, it provides more space for precise mouse movements, a preference among many FPS gamers.
Equipped with Brown Switches, the RK61 strikes a balance between typing and gaming. These switches are slightly quieter and easier to trigger than the louder Blue Switches, making them versatile for various tasks. Typists appreciate the tactile feedback Brown Switches offer while minimizing the audible click.
One of the standout features of the RK61 is its RGB backlighting. With 18 RGB backlight modes, 8 monochrome backlight modes, and 1 full-color backlight mode, you can customize your keyboard’s appearance to match your style and create an immersive gaming or typing experience.
Ergonomics are not forgotten, as the scientific stair-up keycap design provides maximum comfort and reduces hand fatigue during extended use. Whether you’re a gamer, office worker, copywriter, programmer, typing teacher, or editor, this keyboard is designed with your needs in mind.
Moreover, the RK61 is compatible with Windows, MacOS, and Android, ensuring you can use it across multiple devices. Plus, RK ROYAL KLUDGE is dedicated to providing excellent customer service, with a commitment to addressing any issues within 24 hours.
- Affordable price point at $49.99.
- Compact 61-key layout for a clean desktop.
- Brown Switches for a balanced typing and gaming experience.
- Versatile RGB backlighting with numerous customization options.
- Ergonomic design for reduced hand fatigue.
- Compatibility with Windows, MacOS, and Android.
- Responsive customer service from RK ROYAL KLUDGE.
- Limited to 61 keys, which may not suit users who require a full keyboard layout.
- Brown Switches may not be ideal for those who prefer a more audible click sound.
The HK GAMING GK61 is a budget-friendly 60% mechanical gaming keyboard that offers a range of impressive features for its price point. One of its standout features is the full RGB backlighting, which allows for 16.8 million color combinations and various lighting effects, making it visually appealing and customizable. The keyboard also boasts Gateron Optical Red switches, known for their fast response time, making them an excellent choice for gamers seeking a competitive edge.
Furthermore, the HK GAMING GK61 is fully programmable, offering macro recording, advanced lighting effects, and customizations through software. Its compact 60% layout with 61 individual backlighted keys not only saves space but also makes it more portable. Additionally, it’s spill and dust resistant, ensuring durability during intense gaming sessions. It’s compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems and comes with a detachable USB-C to Type-A cable, enhancing its versatility.
- Affordable price point under $50.
- Impressive full RGB backlighting with customizable options.
- Gateron Optical Red switches for fast and responsive keystrokes.
- Fully programmable with advanced features.
- Compact and portable 60% layout.
- Spill and dust-resistant design.
- Compatibility with both Windows and Mac.
- May lack some premium build features found in more expensive keyboards.
- Lack of dedicated arrow keys and function row keys in the compact layout may require some adjustment for certain users.
The Redragon 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is a fantastic budget-friendly option for those seeking an affordable mechanical keyboard with advanced features. Priced at just $42.99, it offers users the best of both worlds: mechanical key switches and customizable RGB lighting. The fully programmable nature of this keyboard allows gamers and professionals alike to tailor their keyboard experience to their specific needs. Whether it’s setting up macros for faster in-game actions or creating unique lighting effects, this keyboard offers versatility at a fraction of the cost of higher-end mechanical keyboards.
The compact 60% layout, which excludes the number pad and function row, is ideal for those who value desk space or need a portable solution for their laptop or gaming setup. Its tactile Red switches provide a satisfying typing experience, and the RGB lighting not only adds a touch of style but also enhances the overall user experience. While it may lack some premium features found in more expensive mechanical keyboards, the Redragon 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard provides excellent value for its price, making it a compelling choice for anyone looking to upgrade to a mechanical keyboard on a budget.
- Affordable price point under $50.
- Fully programmable with customizable macros.
- Vibrant RGB lighting with various effects.
- Compact 60% layout saves desk space.
- Tactile Red switches for a satisfying typing experience.
- Lack of premium features found in higher-end mechanical keyboards.
- Limited switch options (only Red switches available).
- Some users may prefer a larger layout with a number pad.
If you’re on the hunt for an affordable mechanical keyboard under $50 that doesn’t compromise on performance and style, the DREVO Calibur V2 TE RGB 60% Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is worth considering. Priced at just $29.99, this compact keyboard offers a range of features that cater to both gamers and typists.
One of the standout features of the DREVO Calibur V2 TE is its unique compact design. By relocating the F keys to the number row and positioning the arrow keys closer to the left side, this keyboard maximizes space efficiency without sacrificing functionality. It’s a practical choice for those who want a more minimalist layout. Moreover, the customizable RGB backlighting is a gamer’s dream, offering a staggering 16.8 million color options. You can personalize each key’s backlight using the DPC software, and there are even colorful side lights accessible with a simple FN+INS shortcut.
Switching between PC and Mac is effortless with the DREVO Calibur V2 TE, thanks to the PC/Mac dual mode accessible via FN+TAB. This keyboard caters to both Windows and Mac users, making it versatile for various setups. Gamers will appreciate the anti-ghosting and N-key rollover features, ensuring accurate responses and fluidity during gameplay. The multimedia keys also add a touch of convenience for those looking to enjoy multimedia content seamlessly.
Notable additional features include a detachable USB Type-C cable, two pairs of magnetic feet to adjust the keyboard’s height, and ABS laser-marked keycaps that provide a satisfying feel and enhance backlight transparency. DREVO offers a powerful DPC software for firmware upgrades (only on Windows OS) and customization, further enhancing the keyboard’s versatility.
- Affordable price point of $29.99.
- Unique compact design with efficient layout.
- Customizable RGB backlighting with 16.8 million color options.
- PC/Mac dual mode for compatibility.
- Gaming-focused features like anti-ghosting and N-key rollover.
- Detachable USB Type-C cable and adjustable keyboard height.
- ABS laser-marked keycaps for tactile feedback.
- Free DPC software for firmware upgrades and customization.
- Firmware upgrades limited to Windows OS.
- Limited to 71 keys due to compact design, which may not suit all users’ preferences.
6. DIERYA DK63N
The DIERYA DK63N is a standout budget mechanical keyboard priced at just $45.90, offering a range of impressive features. One of its key highlights is its wireless Bluetooth capability, allowing it to connect to three different devices simultaneously and seamlessly switch between them. This level of versatility makes it compatible with a variety of systems, including Windows, Mac OS, and Android. Moreover, it comes with a 1900 mAh battery, providing exceptional battery life, with up to 20 hours of use on a single charge. This is a significant advantage, especially for users who need a portable keyboard that can last throughout the day.
The DK63N also boasts an eye-catching RGB backlighting system with 19 different RGB backlight modes, 8 monochrome backlight modes, and 8 colors combined with 19 RGB lighting effects. Whether you’re a gamer or just someone who appreciates aesthetic appeal, these lighting options are sure to enhance your experience. In terms of ergonomics, the DK63N features a scientific stepped keycap design that maximizes comfort during extended typing sessions, reducing hand fatigue. This makes it an ideal choice for office workers, gamers, programmers, copywriters, and editors.
Additionally, the keyboard offers macro recording capabilities, customizable advanced functions, and personalized lighting effects through its driver software. With a 12-month warranty and reliable customer service, the DIERYA DK63N is a compelling option for those seeking a feature-rich mechanical keyboard under $50.
- Wireless Bluetooth connectivity with multi-device support.
- Long-lasting 1900 mAh battery for extended use.
- Vibrant RGB backlighting with numerous lighting modes.
- Comfortable and ergonomic stepped keycap design.
- Macro recording and customization options.
- Affordable price point with a 12-month warranty.
- Some users may find the 60% layout limiting for certain tasks.
- Build quality and durability may not be as high as more expensive mechanical keyboards.
7. DIERYA DK61E
The DIERYA DK61E is a 60% mechanical gaming keyboard priced under $50 that offers an impressive set of features. This compact keyboard adopts a 61-key ANSI layout, which not only saves desk space but also maintains full functionality with the help of Fn combination keys and key remapping through drivers. It is compatible with various operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, and supports full key rollover for accurate and responsive typing.
One standout feature of the DK61E is its Gateron Optical Switches. These switches operate on optical principles, resulting in faster response times, lower latency, and a remarkable lifespan of up to 100 million keystrokes. Additionally, the keyboard features double-shot PBT keycaps, known for their durability and resistance to wear and sweat corrosion. The translucent legends on the keycaps become visible when the RGB backlight is activated, offering a visually appealing and functional aspect to the keyboard. Speaking of RGB lighting, the DK61E boasts 16.8 million colors and 19 preset lighting effects, allowing users to customize the RGB settings to their liking. Furthermore, the keyboard is fully programmable, enabling key remapping, macro recording, and customization of RGB lighting effects through drivers, with 4 memory slots to store custom profiles.
- Affordable price point under $50.
- Compact 60% layout saves desk space.
- Gateron Optical Switches offer fast response times and long-lasting durability.
- Double-shot PBT keycaps resist wear and provide a great typing experience.
- Stunning RGB backlight with customization options.
- Fully programmable keys for personalized usage.
- May lack dedicated function keys and a numeric keypad for those who rely heavily on them.
- The need for drivers for advanced customization may be a learning curve for some users.
The GAMDIAS Hermes E3 is a budget-friendly mechanical keyboard priced at just $39.99, making it an excellent choice for gamers and typists on a budget. One of its standout features is the Extreme Gaming RGB Lighting Modes, offering 19 built-in RGB backlight modes with 16.8 million color options. This provides a visually appealing and customizable experience for gamers while also serving as comfortable ambient lighting for typing. The keyboard also includes adjustable brightness settings and the ability to exchange the WASD and Arrow keys with 8 additional multimedia keys for added convenience.
With a compact 60% design, the Hermes E3 is suitable for both gaming and office use, making it versatile for various tasks. The blue switches offer tactile and audible feedback, ensuring precise and responsive key commands, which is crucial for intense gameplay and fast typing. The keyboard’s full anti-ghosting capability ensures that all key presses are registered accurately, and users can even reassign keys and create macros for seamless operation. Its ergonomic and portable design, available in Classic Black or White, adds a touch of elegance to any setup, and the built-in vertical LED perception sensor further enhances control and accuracy during use.
- Affordable price point for a mechanical keyboard with RGB lighting.
- Compact 60% design is ideal for both gaming and office work.
- Blue switches provide tactile feedback and are great for typing and gaming.
- Full anti-ghosting and N-Key rollover for accurate keypress registration.
- Customizable RGB lighting with 19 built-in modes.
- Ergonomic and portable design available in two color options.
- Limited key layout may require some adjustment for users accustomed to larger keyboards.
- RGB lighting customization may be less extensive compared to higher-end models.
- The keyboard lacks dedicated macro keys, requiring users to reassign existing keys for macros if needed.
The Cooler Master SK620 is a remarkable budget-friendly 60% mechanical keyboard priced at just $32.54. It combines a host of appealing features, making it an attractive choice for those seeking an affordable yet high-quality mechanical keyboard. Its low profile Click Blue switches provide a tactile and responsive typing experience, catering to both gamers and typists. The compact 60% layout is perfect for users on the move, ensuring it’s easy to carry and use with mobile devices and laptops.
Not only does the SK620 offer functionality, but it also has an elegant brushed aluminum design, ergonomic upgrades like adjustable feet and keycaps, and broad compatibility with MacOS and Windows operating systems. Users can effortlessly switch between devices, enhancing their productivity. Overall, the Cooler Master SK620 is a budget-friendly mechanical keyboard that doesn’t compromise on performance or design.
- Affordable price point at under $50.
- Low profile Click Blue switches for a responsive typing experience.
- Compact and portable 60% layout.
- Sleek brushed aluminum design.
- Ergonomic upgrades for personalized comfort.
- Compatibility with MacOS and Windows with easy device switching.
- Limited key layout (60%) may not suit users who require a dedicated number pad or additional function keys.
- The budget-friendly price may result in slightly lower build quality compared to premium mechanical keyboards.
- Some users may prefer different switch types, but the Click Blue switches are a matter of personal preference.
The MOTOSPEED 60% Mechanical Keyboard is a budget-friendly option priced at just $35.98, making it an attractive choice for those looking for an affordable mechanical keyboard without compromising on key features. This compact keyboard boasts 61 keys, offering a portable and space-saving design that’s ideal for both office work and gaming. It features custom mechanical switches, specifically the Outemu Switch, known for their durability and responsiveness, with a tested lifespan of 50 million keystrokes.
One of the standout features of this keyboard is its vibrant RGB LED backlighting with 14 different effects, enhancing the typing and gaming experience with immersive and colorful lighting. Additionally, it supports game mode backlighting and custom key backlighting, thanks to its double-shot injection molded keycaps, which are not only durable but also resistant to scratching. The MOTOSPEED 60% Mechanical Keyboard offers compatibility with various Windows operating systems, ensuring it works seamlessly with Windows Operating System. However, it’s worth noting that the programming software is not compatible with MacOS. Despite this limitation, this keyboard stands out as a compact and feature-rich option for those seeking a budget mechanical keyboard under $50.
- Affordable price point.
- Compact and portable 60% layout.
- Durable Outemu mechanical switches with 50 million keystroke lifespan.
- Vibrant RGB LED backlighting with 14 effects.
- Supports game mode and custom key backlighting.
- Compatible with various Windows operating systems.
- Not compatible with MacOS.
- Lacks a dedicated number pad for those who require one.
- Limited key customization options due to software limitations.
Key Considerations for Your Budget Mechanical Keyboard Purchase
When you’re in the market for a budget mechanical keyboard, there are several pivotal factors that demand your attention:
- Switch Variety: The switch type utilized in your keyboard profoundly influences your typing experience. While Cherry MX switches are widely popular, alternatives like Gateron or Kailh switches exist. Your choice should align with your personal typing preferences, so thorough research is essential.
- Build Excellence: Mechanical keyboards generally outclass their membrane counterparts in durability, but assessing the keyboard’s build quality remains crucial. Prioritize keyboards crafted with robust construction and premium materials for longevity.
- Layout Selection: Mechanical keyboards offer diverse layouts, so determining the best fit for your needs is imperative. Notable options encompass tenkeyless (TKL) and compact 60% keyboards, each catering to specific usage scenarios.
- Illumination Options: For those seeking an illuminated keyboard, the type of backlighting matters. Some keyboards flaunt vibrant RGB lighting, while others embrace a more subdued single-color backlighting scheme.
- Keycap Quality: Beware of budget mechanical keyboards that skimp on keycap quality, as they may wear down prematurely. Opt for keyboards featuring high-quality keycaps or consider replacing them down the line.
- Compatibility Assurance: Ensure that your chosen keyboard is compatible with your computing setup. Most keyboards employ USB or Bluetooth connectivity, but verifying compatibility is still prudent.
- Price Range: Last but not least, factor in your budget. Mechanical keyboards span a broad price spectrum, from highly affordable options to premium models. Strive to strike a balance between affordability and fulfilling your specific requirements.
In conclusion, the market for budget mechanical keyboards under $50 offers a diverse range of options to cater to the needs of gamers, typists, and users on a budget. Each of the keyboards highlighted in this overview brings its unique set of features, making them compelling choices in their own right.
Whether you prioritize compactness, versatile RGB backlighting, switch preferences, or wireless connectivity, there’s a budget-friendly mechanical keyboard that suits your requirements. While these keyboards may not have all the premium features of more expensive models, they provide exceptional value for the price, allowing users to experience the benefits of mechanical switches without breaking the bank.
Ultimately, the choice of the best budget mechanical keyboard under $50 depends on your specific preferences and intended usage. Whether it’s for gaming, typing, or a mix of both, these keyboards offer a cost-effective way to enjoy the tactile satisfaction and improved performance that mechanical keyboards provide.
Kizaru is a fan, collector, and has a huge addiction to mechanical keyboards. Kizaru has a collection of dozens of mechanical keyboards that come in different sizes and use different switches. He also frequently contributes to various forums that discuss keyboards such as Reddit and GeekHack.