In the past, so that we could watch selected music videos, we usually watched them on a television set or we could also watch music videos by buying a VCD in advance which could then be played through the VCD player over and over again as much as we like.
But along with the development of the world of technology and the internet, now we can watch our favorite videos through other electronic devices such as laptops, computers, tabs and smartphones. Later we can watch the video streaming (online) on several video streaming service provider sites such as Vidio.com, Youtube.com etc.
In addition to watching streaming videos, we can also download the videos we watch to the storage gallery of our cellphones or laptops. You do this by copying (copying) the URL of the video, then pasting the video link to a downloader provider site such as savefrom net, youtube downloader, etc.
However, because this method is sometimes considered complicated by users because they have to generate links manually, users usually use shortcuts and it is simpler to download videos. Namely by installing the video downloader application on smartphone and laptop devices.
By using the video downloader application on a laptop or cellphone, every time a user watches streaming video on any site, the video downloader application automatically displays a download button and when clicked, the video download process runs until it is finished. And one of the most popular applications used to download streaming videos is Internet Download Manager.
Although it has various advantages that pamper users, sometimes IDM does not appear when we play streaming video. This can be caused by various reasons, either because the user mistakenly downloads the premium version of IDM, the trial period has run out and others.
Of course it is very annoying, especially when we are eager to download the video we are watching. Good for learning materials, as entertainment, supporting work etc. For this reason, a special way is needed so that the IDM application reappears and can download again. Before discussing how, this time we will explain what IDM is and its advantages.
Then what is IDM?
IDM stands for Internet Download Manager, is software that is capable of downloading data & multimedia files on the internet. Like downloading audio, video, document etc. In addition, IDM also has a download management tool that is useful for displaying downloaded files and continuing downloaded files that were previously stopped or interrupted due to network connection problems.
How IDM Works
IDM is able to divide the download speed evenly when users download more than one file on the IDM application screen. When one of the downloaded files encounters obstacles during the download process, the download speed is switched to the download file that is still running. This is because IDM is able to share data during the download process up to 16 parts.
- Bulk Downloads: With this feature we can download several files in the IDM application simultaneously.
- Import/Export: With this feature we can issue or enter download list data to other devices.
- Download Streaming: With this feature we can download audio & video from various popular streaming service sites such as youtube, vidio, vimeo etc.
- Download List: With this feature we can see a list of files that we are downloading. Where the download speed is automatically divided evenly. In addition, with this feature we can also continue the download process that was previously stopped or forced to stop by the user.
- Web Protocol: The IDM application supports all website security protocols for downloading files in browsers such as HTTP, FTP, HTTPS, MMS, and Microsoft ISA.
- Authentication Protocol: The IDM application supports several authentication protocols such as Basic, NTLM and Karberos which allows saving downloaded files using passwords and auto-authentication of usernames.
- Multi Browsers: IDM applications can be run on various popular browsers such as Mozilla Firefox browser, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Netscape, Apple Safari etc.
After we know what the IDM application is and the features it has. This time we will explain how to solve the IDM application that does not appear when users play streaming videos. This is certainly a problem, especially when users really want to download the video. As for how we will explain as below:
12 Ways to Overcome IDM Not Appearing on Chrome and Youtube:
1. Restart the IDM App
The first way that we will explain to solve IDM does not appear is to restart IDM. This is proven to be accurate because by restarting IDM, all errors that previously appeared when opening IDM will also disappear. As for how to restart the IDM application, we will explain as below.
How to Restart IDM:
- First of all, move the mouse cursor to the lower right corner of the taskbar.
- After finding the IDM tray icon, then we Right Click the IDM icon.
- Then select the Exit option.
- After the IDM application is closed from the background. Then we open it again by clicking the IDM shortcut on the desktop.
- Finished. After the IDM application is open, the IDM application can be used again when we want to download music or videos on streaming sites.
- In addition to the above method, we can also close the IDM application from the Task Manager menu. The trick is to Right Click Taskbar > Task Manager > Processes > IDM > End Process.
2. Restart Explorer.exe
The second way that we will explain to solve IDM does not appear is to restart Explorer.exe. Eksplorer.exe or commonly called Windows Explorer is a management process that provides a graphical interface and we can use to interact with several Windows menus such as notifications, taskbar and file explorer.
This includes stopping or restarting the IDM application when a crash or error occurs during the download process and then the IDM application will provide a notification that the download process failed. As for how to restart Explore.exe, we will explain as below.
How to Restart Explorer.exe:
- First of all, open the Task Manager menu. How to Right Click Taskbar > Task Manager. Or you can also press the (Ctrl + Alt + Delete) keys simultaneously and then select Task Manager.
- Once the Task Manager window opens. Then we click the Processes menu tab at the top of the screen.
- Then look for the words explorer.exe in the Image Name column (left of the screen).
- After meeting then we Right Click and Select End Process Options.
- Next A warning window appears “Do you want to end explorer.exe”? then we click the End Process button,
- After the explorer.exe file has disappeared from the task manager screen, usually the system will automatically display the explorer.exe file again within 1-2 minutes.
- But if we are lazy to wait, then we can activate it manually by clicking the File menu > New Task (Run..) > Type explorer.exe in the column > Click Ok.
- Finished. After the file explorer is successfully restarted, then reopen our streaming video and the IDM download button will automatically reappear.
3. Restart Laptop/PC Device
The third way that we will explain to overcome the IDM does not appear is to restart the laptop / PC that we have. By restarting the laptop, the IDM error will return to normal.
Moreover, the cause of the IDM error is due to a lost network signal or also because our laptop is experiencing a hang due to too many files being downloaded or pages being opened. As for how to restart the laptop itself, it’s easy, namely Click the Start button on Windows and select Restart. After the laptop turns on again, then we reopen the video streaming site and the IDM download button appears again.
4. Reinstall IDM Software
The fourth way that we will explain to solve IDM that does not appear is to reinstall IDM. Reinstall IDM itself is an activity to uninstall (remove) the IDM program that has been installed on the system and reinstall IDM with the same version.
This is effectively done when our installation file is corrupt (damaged) due to a virus. In addition, by reinstalling the IDM software, it will be re-integrated with the browser application that we use (mozilla). As for how to reinstall IDM, we will explain as below.
How to Reinstall IDM Software
- First of all Press the key (Windows + R) simultaneously
- After the Run window opens then type Control Panel in the available column
- Once in the Control Panel Page. Then we click the Uninstall Program button on the Program menu
- Next we scroll down and look for the IDM (Internet Download Manager) program
- After meeting Right Click Select Uninstall Option
- The uninstall process runs until it’s finished
- After IDM is deleted. Then we look for the IDM.exe raw file (installation) that we downloaded before
- After meeting, click 2 x to install the IDM
- If there is a notification written during the installation process, then we just click the Next button until we find the Finish button
- Finished. After the IDM installation process is complete. Then we open the video streaming site we want (eg youtube) and the IDM download button appears again
5. IDM Software Update
The fifth way that we will explain to overcome the IDM that does not appear is to update the IDM software. If the reinstall uses the old installation file, while the update uses the new version of the installation file which is usually provided by the developer on the official website of the software.
By updating the IDM software, the application will have new tools and features and of course useful for the download process. In addition, by updating, the installation file that was previously damaged and caused an error can be replaced with a new installation file. As for how to Update IDM Software, we will explain as below.
How to Automatically Update IDM Software
- First of all, connect our laptop to the internet network, either using a modem or wifi.
- Next, open the IDM software on our laptop. Either through the Start menu or through the taskbar in the lower right corner of the screen
After the IDM application opens.
- Then we click the Help menu at the top of the screen.
- Next we select the option about IDM
- Then a window appears about internet download manager.
- Then we Click the Check for Updates button
- Next A Quick Update Popup Window Appears which checks for the latest version of IDM
- After the inspection process is complete. Then we click the Update Now button
- The process of updating the IDM installation file to the latest version runs to completion.
- Finished. Now our IDM file has been upgraded to a new version and the download button reappears when we open a video streaming site
In addition to automatic updates, we can also update the IDM application manually through the official IDM website. So that later on the official IDM website page we can see a list of the latest IDM versions that can be downloaded and are compatible with our laptop OS. As for how we will explain as below.
How to Update IDM Software Manually
- First of all, open the https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com site through our laptop / PC browser (Firefox)
- After the web page opens. Then we click the Download Menu button at the top of the screen
- Once on the Download page. Then we click the Try Internet Download Manager for Free button which is orange
- The process of downloading the latest version of the IDM file runs to completion
Finished downloading, then we look for the IDM file in our laptop’s Download Folder
- Then double-click the IDM.exe installation file to install that version of IDM
- The installation process for the latest version of IDM runs to completion
- After IDM is successfully updated and installed on the laptop. Then we open our favorite video on the video streaming site and the IDM download button reappears
6. Browser Updates
The sixth way that we will explain to overcome IDM does not appear is to update the browser that we use on the laptop. The browser itself is a software that is used to receive and present information resources on the internet in the form of web pages, images, videos, music and other types of content.
The most popular browsers in the world are Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome etc. Some of the browsers above always update the latest version every year with feature updates & fix bugs, which users can download through the official website.
So if our laptop is still using the old version of the browser, then automatically the features we have are still limited and cannot be integrated with other applications such as the IDM application which causes the IDM application to not appear when we open a video streaming site. As for how to update the browser, we will explain as below.
How to Update Google Chrome Browser
- First of all Connect our Laptop with internet access (modem or Wifi)
- Then Open the Google Chrome Application on our laptop. You do this by double-clicking the chrome shortcut on the desktop or you can also type Chrome in the taskbar search box
- After the Google Chrome App opens. Then we click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen
- Then a dropdown menu appears and we select the Help option.
- After that the Help Popup Window Appears. And we Click the About Google Chrome option
- After that a popup window appears about Chrome and Google Chrome automatically performs the process of updating Chrome to a new version
- After the updating process is complete. Then we click the Relaunch button
- After that Google Chrome automatically opens a new browser tab
- Finished. Now the Google Chrome browser has been updated to the latest version. And when we watch videos on video streaming sites (youtube) the IDM download button automatically reappears
7. Check Supported Browsers
The seventh way that we will explain to solve IDM does not appear is to check what browsers are supported by the IDM application. This is especially for users who often use unusual and unpopular browsers when surfing the internet such as Maxthon browser, Vivaldi, UC browser etc.
So when we watch videos on video streaming sites, the IDM download button does not appear because the browser has not previously been supported and integrated with the IDM application. As for how to check the availability of supported browsers on the IDM application, we will explain as below.
How to Check Supported Browsers on IDM
- First of all, open the IDM (Internet Download Manager) application on our laptop
- Once open, then we click the Options menu at the top of the screen
- Then the IDM Configuration window appears. Then we click the General menu tab
- Then in the Column we can see a list of what browsers are supported by IDM applications such as Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera etc.
- But if the browser that we use does not exist (example: UC browser). Then we can click the Add browser button
- Then search for the browser we want
- Finished. Now the unusual browser that we use has been supported by the IDM application and the download button has reappeared
8. Integrate Browser Manually
The eighth way that we will explain to solve IDM does not appear is to manually integrate the browser into IDM. This is because with browser integration, IDM and browser will interact and connect to each other to transfer data.
So that when we open a video streaming site through a browser, the IDM application will automatically detect the existing link and then the IDM download button will appear. As for how to manually integrate the browser, we will explain as below.
How to Integrate Browsers Manually
- First of all open our IDM application
- After IDM opens. Then we click the Options menu at the top of the screen
- Then we click the General menu tab
- Then we click and check the Use advanced browser button integration which is before the following browser column
- After that we check the browser we use (chrome, firefox or others) in the following browser column. Then click the OK button
- Finished. Now the browser that we use has been integrated and connected to the IDM application. So that when you open a video streaming site, the IDM download button will automatically appear
9. Enable IDM Extension
The ninth way that we will explain to solve IDM not appearing is to activate the IDM extension. This happens when we want to download a streaming video and the IDM button doesn’t appear, it could be because the IDM Extension is disabled in our browser. As for how to activate the IDM extension on the browser, we will explain as below.
How to Enable IDM Extension on Google Chrome
- First of all, open the Google Chrome browser on our laptop
- Then click the three dots button in the upper right corner of the screen
- After that the dropdown menu appears.
- Then we click the More Tools option
- Then we select Extension
- After that the Extensions page appears. And Search the IDM app
After meeting then we click and check the Enable option on the right of the screen
- Next Restart our laptop
- Finished. Now the IDM Extension has been enabled and the download button has reappeared when playing videos on streaming sites (youtube)
10. IDM Registration to Full Version
The tenth way that we will explain to solve IDM does not appear is to register IDM to Full Version. This method is needed if we previously downloaded and used the free (trial) version of the IDM application. So when the trial period has expired, IDM automatically cannot be used anymore.
One of the signs that IDM has passed the trial period (30 days) and cannot be used anymore is the IDM Registration Popup window appears when we want to open the IDM application, and the IDM button does not appear when we open streaming video. There are two ways to register IDM, namely legally and illegally, which we will explain as below.
How to Register IDM Legal (Buy License)
- First of all, open the https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com site through our laptop browser (chrome)
- Once on the site homepage. Then we click the Buy menu button at the top of the screen
- After that we appear the IDM Registration page. Then we can see 4 types of IDM License prices. Namely $12.00 (1 year License for 1 PC), $25.00 (Lifetime License for 1 PC), $10.00 (One year License for multiple PCs), and $20.00 (Lifetime License for multiple PCs)
- After the IDM license type is determined. Then we click the Continue button on the right
- Then the IDM Payment License Popup Window Appears. Then in the 3 available columns we enter the Email Address, Type of Credit Card that we use (Visa etc.), along with the Credit Card Number
- After all the data in the Fill. Then we click the blue Pay button
- After the payment process is complete. Then the IDM Party will send the IDM Serial Number via the email address that we include in the payment process
- Next we copy the code
- Then we open the IDM application. When the Registration Window appears, then we fill in the First Name, Last Name, Email and in the Serial Number Column we paste (paste) the serial number that was previously copied from the email
- After all the data is filled in then we click the OK button
- Finished. Now our IDM application has turned into a full version. And the download button will reappear when we are opening video streaming
11. Adding File Extensions in IDM
The eleventh way that we will explain to solve IDM does not appear is to add a file extension in the IDM settings. This is done if the file or video that we want to download turns out to have a special extension format such as (MPG, PPT, TIFF and other file formats) that are not yet available in the IDM application so that the IDM application cannot download automatically. As for how to add a file extension, we will explain as below.
How to Add Extension Files in the IDM Application
- First of all, open the IDM application on our laptop
- After the application is open then we click the Download menu and select Options
- Once on the IDM Configuration page. Then we click the File types menu tab. In the Following file types column, then we enter and type the type of file format that we want to download on the streaming site. Examples such as (WAP, WMV, RAR, MP3) etc
- Once filled in then click the OK button
- Next we restart our laptop
- Finished. After the laptop turns on again, then we open the video on the streaming site (youtube) and now the IDM download button appears again when we want to download the file with the desired format
12. IDM Application Scan
The twelfth way that we will explain to overcome IDM does not appear is to perform a scanning process on the IDM application. This method is used when the IDM application has been infected with viruses and malware, especially the installation file with the format (.exe) so that IDM does not run as usual.
Users can perform the scanning process using the laptop’s default antivirus such as Windows Defender or it can also be done by using additional applications such as Avast, Kaspersky, Avira, AVG, Smadav etc. If after the virus scanning process, the IDM download button has not appeared. Then we can reinstall the IDM application to recover and function as usual.
Thus our explanation of what the IDM application is and the features it has. In addition, it also explains several ways to overcome IDM that does not appear on Chrome and Youtube. Like Restart IDM, Restart Explorer.exe, Restart Laptop, Reinstall IDM, Reinstall Browser, Update IDM, Update Browser, Check Browser Support, Integrate Browser Manually, Activate IDM Extensions, Register IDM Full Version, Add File Extensions and Scan IDM.
By reading the explanation above, we now know what an internet download manager application is and its features and how it works. In addition, by reading the explanation above, now we are no longer confused if suddenly our IDM does not appear when opening videos on streaming sites. So by applying some of the methods above, the IDM button now appears again to download the video or file we want.